Jobscan is a fast-growing and profitable startup in Pioneer Square with co-founders from Microsoft and Google.
We’re looking for core team members to join us to make a difference in job searching and recruiting. Are you the one to join our rocket ship?
Job seekers are underserved and commoditized. And we're here to build the best tools for them. Applying to a job online means that resume screening software stands between you and a job interview. You need to know what the resume screener is looking for. Jobscan does. Jobscan can boost your interview chances by analyzing your resume keywords and scoring your resume against the job description.
Our customers include Baylor University, King County, Davidson County, and numerous other organizations.
PART-TIME UI/UX DESIGNER
We’re looking for a part-time UI/UX designer to help us take our product, website, and marketing materials to the next level.
You will work closely with the company's CEO, CTO, and Marketing Manager.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions on our main site and blog
- Work with the team to understand detailed requirements and design user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups
- Create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to engineers
- Create marketing materials - powerpoint, business proposals, ad creatives
- Stay on top of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous products or realms
- Minimum of 2+ years web design experience or equivalent (4 years preferred)
- Proven well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts
- Portfolio with systematic and creative design thinking and deep understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Recognize and predict user interaction, including happy path and edge cases
- Understanding of information design / architecture, gestalt principles, user-centered design and user psychology
- An excellent communicator and hard-working with a positive attitude
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq or equivalent tools
- Ability to illustrate, cartoon or create other organic art assets
- Experience working with a cross-functional team or SDLC and familiar with agile methodologies
- Side projects and entrepreneurial experience
To be considered for the role, please email your portfolio, resume, and answer "Why you?" to [email protected]
We’re looking to hire a Full-Stack Engineer to work side by side with the CEO and CTO.
- Iterate and experiment with prototypes and features and ship fast (days)
- Develop and maintain new features for our website (frontend and backend)
- Develop extensions of our service / technology, such as an API or other integrations
- Improve existing infrastructure, assist with maintenance, migrations, etc
- Engage with users to understand their problem and address or improve product as necessary to meet their needs
- Develop and maintain automated test infrastructure and test cases
- 2+ years of full stack engineering; 4+ years preferred
- Comfortable with backend and frontend web technologies, databases, using third party APIs and the usual web service requirements
- Familiarity with AWS, ML/NLP, and/or other tech stacks (MEAN, RoR, etc.) a plus
- Stock options depending on performance.
- 401k enrollment.
- Health insurance.
- Choice of MacBook, MacBook Air, PC laptops and peripherals of your choice
- Company happy hours and events
- Free snacks, fruits, and beverages of your choice
- Creative historic high-ceiling & hardwood floor office in Pioneer Square. Easy access to bus lines, water taxi, waterfront, restaurants, bars, and coffee shops
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
To be considered for this role, please email your resume, links to any online presence (existing websites / projects / apps, GitHub, Stack Overflow, etc). and answer, "If you were a tech startup founder, what hard and soft skills would you look for in a Full Stack Engineer and why?" Email application materials to [email protected]
PART-TIME DATA RESEARCH SPECIALIST
We’re looking for a part-time data research specialist to help us categorize our content and prepare quality data sets to take our product to the next level.
- Meet with the CTO and work from the office twice a week
- Research skills and industries across a wide variety of fields
- Own and implement Jobscan’s data strategy
- Experience with data clean-up and classification
- Meticulous and resourceful regarding taxonomies and data categorization
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks
- Experience in the jobs and careers space
- Familiarity with SQL, MongoDb, or other data storage technologies
- Library science or information science equivalent experience
To be considered for the role, please email your resume, and answer "Most jobseekers look for jobs by searching for open jobs by job titles near their location, and sometimes, they miss out on opportunities that might have been a great fit outside the job title. Tell us how you think this process can be improved?”
Resume and prompt responses must be submitted to [email protected]