72 Resume Examples for Any Job in 2023
Check out our comprehensive library of resume examples and start building your own resume and land interviews!Build your free custom resume Optimize Your Resume
We know how building your own killer resume can be overwhelming. You have to determine exactly which information to include, what strategy to implement, and which resume format to use. That’s why we compiled this comprehensive list of resume examples for different types of jobs to guide you through!
Table of Contents
10 Examples of great resumes and why they work
To help you jumpstart your creativity, here are examples of great resumes and reasons why we think they’re great.
1. Sales manager resume example
Why this sales manager resume example is great:
- Easy to skim. With the touch of blue color, the format is also pleasing to the eye.
- Uses the reverse chronological order and starts with the most recent work experience.
- Provides a comprehensive and compelling resume summary showcasing the job seeker’s 25+ years of experience.
- Skills section covers all core competencies and important keywords.
- Work experience section highlights measurable accomplishments backed by statistics and figures.
- No headers, footers, images, and complicated formatting that most ATS won’t be able to parse correctly.
2. Accountant resume example
Why this accountant resume example is great:
- Focuses on the job seeker’s robust professional background and experience.
- Highlights measurable accomplishments and concrete results.
- Mentions professional designation as a CPA next to the name.
- Shows technical skills and different accounting software.
- Incorporates relevant keywords.
3. Recruiter resume example
Why this recruiter resume example is great:
- Highlights relevant accomplishments in the work experience section.
- Formatting is simple, and the resume is easy to read.
- Showcases important information in the resume summary. Starts with the fact that the job seeker founded and provided strategic direction for her organization.
4. Bookkeeper resume example
Why this bookkeeper resume example is great:
- Starts with a comprehensive resume summary, showcasing skills and accounting software.
- Incorporates relevant keywords in the resume summary and in the work experience section.
- Focuses on measurable accomplishments and relevant job responsibilities.
- Mentions bookkeeping certification and degree in accounting.
- Adds other relevant technical and accounting skills and important industry keywords like US-GAAP and the different accounting software.
5. Office assistant resume example
Why this office assistant resume example is great:
- Strong resume summary that showcases the job seeker’s solid background in administrative work and her different competencies.
- Mentions important keywords in the resume summary section.
- Comprehensively outlines measurable outcomes and key responsibilities while mentioning relevant keywords.
6. Operations manager resume example
Why this operations manager resume example is great:
- Showcases key skills and industry competencies on the top half of the resume. This is also a great place to include job-specific keywords that recruiters and hiring managers might search for.
- Puts a spotlight on the job seeker’s 16+ years of experience in driving strategy and execution to achieve business goals.
- Highlights the job seeker’s MBA degree and her PMP certification from the Project Management Institute, the leading authority on project management across the globe.
- Outlines measurable achievements and what she did to achieve them.
7. Cashier resume example
Why this cashier manager resume example is great:
- Lists relevant soft skills under the skills section and shows measurable results and accomplishments in the work experience section.
- Short but impactful resume summary showcasing her years of experience and how she raised company sales by 25% through her excellent soft skills.
- Uses strong action words, making the resume more impactful.
8. Digital marketing expert resume example
Why this digital marketing resume example is great:
- Highlights marketing skills and core competencies right after the resume summary.
- Work experience section is short and straightforward but mentions relevant accomplishments.
- Resume summary focuses on the years of experience, the job seeker’s level of commitment, incredible industry knowledge, and understanding of digital tools and technologies.
9. Teacher resume example
Why this teacher resume example is great:
- Lists core competencies and key hard and soft skills employers look for in preschool teachers.
- Starts every bullet point in the work experience section with strong action words.
- Mentions measurable accomplishments and tangible results.
10. Customer service representative resume example
Why this customer service representative resume example is great:
- Peppers the top half of his resume with targeted keywords relevant to the position.
- Lists relevant skills in the skills section, even those outside of the industry, like Marketing and Sales and Event Planning and Execution.
- Starts with a strong resume summary showcasing his four years of professional experience and his excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Best resume structure
Here is a proven resume layout and structure that you can use when building your resume.
Ready to put your resume to the test?View full results and optimize your resume
Resume Examples by Profession
Check out these examples of other resumes in your field to see exactly what your resume should look like and include.
Accounting & Finance Resume Examples
Accounting and finance are fields that put a big emphasis on education, experience, and professional credentials. Pay careful attention to your education (including years of attendance and accolades) while building your resume.
Administrative Resume Examples
Your skills and proficiency will get you far when it comes to writing an administrative resume. Highlight your versatility in the workplace and your organizational skills.
Business Data Resume Examples
When writing your resume, make sure to highlight important metrics you were able to hit and achieve. Also, mention analytics software you know how to use to help the company thrive.
Computer Science and Engineering Resume Examples
Recruiters want to know exactly which skills developers possess and see proof that candidates have mastered the required skills for each job.
- All Developer Resume Examples
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Java Developer Resume Example
- SQL Developer Resume Example
- Python Developer Resume Example
- Android Developer Resume Example
- Web Developer Resume Example
- Full Stack Developer Resume Example
- Programmer Resume Example
- Front End Developer Resume Example
- Network Engineer Resume Example
Customer Service Resume Examples
When applying for a job in customer support, be sure to include your technical skills, including help desk and chat software.. This will help you showcase your value. Strong soft skills that prove your ability to communicate well with customers are worth including as well.
Education Resume Examples
Teachers and other education professionals will benefit from highlighting their experience, grade-specific teaching skills, education, and certifications.
Engineering Resume Examples
Engineers should highlight their experience, skills, and training or certifications that are relevant to the job.
Healthcare Resume Examples
Healthcare resumes can vary a lot based on the exact role as well as the amount of experience. Try to find a resume example that lines up closely with your segment of healthcare.
Human Resources Resume Examples
Human resources’ primary activities include recruiting, onboarding, and developing employees. Further, HR is responsible for performance management, compensation, compliance, and building connections. On your resume, include measurable results like the number of hires you brought on or mention new initiatives you headed up that helped your company grow.
Legal Resume Examples
Legal resumes should highlight credentials and past experience in the field. You may include your previous law firm experience, years of employment, relevant and measurable job accomplishments, and your legal, analytical, and communication skills.
Marketing Resume Examples
Experience is key in Marketing. Let your “Experience” section be the focal point of your resume, and add a summary statement with specific skills and accomplishments to set yourself apart from the crowd.
Nursing Resume Examples
Focus on your credentials and certifications and showcase your past experience in your “Work History” section. Use measurable achievements and highlight the value you contributed in your previous roles.
Pharmaceutical Resume Examples
Mention relevant experience and training in your resume and focus on measurable accomplishments to give a strong impression to recruiters, hiring managers, and prospective employers.
Project Management Resume Examples
Mention certifications and training you have in terms of project management. Also, focus on projects that you implemented and executed. Mention tangible accomplishments backed by statistics and data.
Sales Resume Examples
Sales is all about experience, so a strong summary statement showing off your achievements will help you stand out. Supplement resume responsibilities with accomplishments to really get ahead of the competition.
Writer Resume Examples
Writers most often lean on their portfolios and publication histories, but a specialized focus and skills like SEO and writing ad copy can help writers stand out for certain roles.
5 Quick tips on using resume examples
Resume examples and templates are a great resource for building your resume, but it is important to think of them as a guideline, not a perfect match.
Tip #1. Customize your resume with the most important professional information specific to you.
Your goal should be to catch the eye of the hiring manager/recruiter with the content of your unique resume.
Tip #2. Use keywords (skills) to make your resume unique to you. Before sending your resume out to each company, take a close look at the job post to which you are applying.
Ask yourself: What are the most important qualifications for this job? Which skills or keywords are mentioned more than once?
Tip #3. Once you determine those keywords, add them to your own resume where they apply.
Keywords are crucial for getting past applicant tracking systems (ATS), a software used by most major companies to search and organize your resume based on keywords. Many times, your resume will never be seen by the hiring manager/recruiter if it is not optimized for ATS.
Tip #4. Always use measurable accomplishments! This creates more impact and tells the recruiter or hiring manager what you have done and what you can bring to the company.
Tip #5. Save your time and use Jobscan’s Resume Scanner to help you automatically identify the most important keywords for you and get past the ATS.
Pro Tip: Always tailor your resume to the specific job you are applying for!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the top 5 things you need to include when writing your resume:
- Name and contact information
- Resume summary that highlights your years of experience and your key competencies
- Professional work experience, focusing on measurable accomplishments
- Top hard and soft skills relevant to the job
- Education, certifications, licenses, volunteer work, and other career highlights
Read our full guide: How to Write a Resume in 2023
Resume examples can serve as a guide and a source of inspiration when crafting your resume, so using one can be beneficial.
Further, by using resume examples, you can get ideas on the best practices across different industries and fields. You can also gain insights into proper formatting that recruiters love, and the ATS can parse.
Pick out strategies and formats from the resume examples and use them as a guide as you write your own resume. You can also copy how to structure your work experience section and how to package measurable accomplishments and results.
Although a typical resume should be one to two pages long, your resume should be exactly as long as it needs to be while also being as brief as possible without selling yourself short.
Read our full guide: How Long Should a Resume Be?
Yes. You can check our cover letter examples here.
The best resume format in 2023 is still the Hybrid Format, where skills and highlights go at the top before a detailed work experience section in reverse chronological order.
Read our full guide on resume formats: Resume Formats: Which Type of Resume is Best for You?
Explore more resume resources