75% of employers consider collaboration and teamwork as critical aspects of the success of a business. Further, another survey shows that 86% of employees believe that failure to collaborate leads to workplace failures.
Therefore, as a key skill companies need most and recruiters look for, you need to effectively express how well you work with others without overusing the word “collaborate” when writing your resume.
In this quick guide, we listed powerful and dynamic “collaborate” synonyms you can use on your resume.
What does “collaborate” mean?
To collaborate means to work with others to achieve a common goal.
Collaboration in the workplace increases productivity, gives a sense of unity, and boosts employee morale.
43 Resume synonyms for Collaborate
Here are different ways of saying “collaborate” on your resume:
- Teamed up
- Worked with
How to replace Collaborate with a stronger synonym
Use clear and targeted “collaborate” synonyms on your resume to highlight how you fostered collaboration.
Instead of saying
Collaborated with the team to create an operations manual.
Led a team of ten employees across different departments to create the company’s first operations manual.
Examples of how to use synonyms for Collaborate
Using strong, clear, and targeted synonyms for “collaborate” on your resume shows recruiters your track record and gives them a picture of what you bring to the table.
Here are some examples of how to use “collaborated” synonyms when writing your resume:
- Teamed up with the Research and Development department to develop our newest product, directly contributing to a 20% year-over-year increase in sales.
- Worked with the Accounting department and established internal controls within the organization, which reduced income leakages by 5%.
- Advised management on how to detect and address product issues and delivery delays.
- Coordinated the implementation of new sales strategies and trained 15 sales representatives; directly responsible for the 30% increase in company profits during the last quarter of 2022.
- Shared innovative ideas with the Human Resources and Public Relations departments to create the company’s CSR initiative for 2023, which resulted in a 10% increase in bottom-line financials and a 20% increase in customer retention and loyalty.
Pro Tip: Always mention measurable results and tangible resume accomplishments, as these prove to recruiters that you have what it takes to succeed in the job.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is another word for “Collaborate” to put on a resume?
Here are resume synonyms for “collaborated” you can add to your resume.
What is a better way of saying “Collaborate” on a resume?
Instead of using “collaborate” on your resume, you can use more effective and specific “collaborate” synonyms.
Here are some examples:
Using these words makes your resume stand out more to recruiters and hiring managers, as these paint a clearer picture of what you did and the value you contributed in your previous professional roles.
Save your time and ensure that you have the strongest and most relevant words on your resume by using Jobscan’s Resume Scanner!
Make your resume stand out and get noticed
Upload your resume to see what’s missing and get a free match rate.
More expert insights on this topic: