To “provide” means to make something that is needed or wanted available.
Recruiters and hiring managers are biased toward job seekers who are able to supply what the company needs and wants to achieve.
To make your resume stand out, make sure you highlight what you can “provide” to the company.
However, simply using the word “provide” doesn’t paint a clearer and more specific picture of what you actually did and what you can actually do for the company.
Here are synonyms for “provide” you can use on your resume.
Resume Synonyms for Provide:
How to replace Provide with a stronger synonym
When creating a resume that makes you stand out, replace the word “provide” with more powerful and specific synonyms.
Instead of saying,
Provided technical help in creating a central database.
Designed and built Microsoft Access databases used for hardware and software asset tracking.
This example clearly shows recruiters that you took charge of designing, building, and implementing the database and demonstrates your knowledge and expertise in this field.
Examples of how to use synonyms for Provide
Here are more examples of using synonyms for “provide” on your resume.
- Developed and implemented dashboard financial charts for service offerings.
- Captured and mined data to determine ways to improve patient experience and dental practices processes.
- Produced technical requirements and user stories for data warehousing projects.
- Presented findings to senior leadership to help inform critical decisions about products and increase brand recognition and customer base.
- Set up an automated financial system that reduced company costs by 5%.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is another word for Provide to put on a resume?
Use the following “provide” synonyms when writing your resume.
What is a better way to say Provide on a resume?
Instead of using the word “provide” on your resume, use more powerful and specific resume synonyms such as:
- Set up
Want to save time in choosing which words to use on your resume? Jobscan’s resume scanner will tell you in seconds.
Copy and paste your resume and the job description into the scanner, and see which words you should add to your resume to make you stand out!
Make your resume stand out and get noticed
Upload your resume to see what’s missing and get a free match rate.
More expert insights on this topic: