Jobscan users have been hired by:
Do’s and Don’ts
- Make the effort to get a high quality, professional profile photo.
- Use all the characters available to you in key search fields such as the headline, summary, and job titles.
- Expand on your default headline by adding industry keywords and relevant variations of your job title.
- Fill out every section of your LinkedIn profile.
- Build a large network of valuable LinkedIn connections.
- Add job and industry-specific keywords and hard skills to your headline, summary, and work experience LinkedIn sections.
- Back up your listed skills with accomplishments and quantifiable measurable results.
- Label short-terms gigs as “Contract” or “Temporary” within the job title.
- Engage your connections by posting quality content to the newsfeed and meaningfully commenting on others’ posts.
- List skills you don’t actually have.
- Skip the profile summary section.
- Include jobs that you only held for a few months or don’t want to talk about in an interview.
- Leave off your college degree because it’s not relevant to your career.
- Overuse special characters, unicode symbols, and emojis.
- Set your search location to your current location if you’re trying to relocate.