To assist means to give help, support, or contribution to others to accomplish a goal.
In your resume, you should highlight your willingness to support and collaborate with your colleagues, which improves the team’s morale, engagement, and productivity. And these are what employers want!
To make your application stronger, we recommend that you use powerful resume synonyms for “assist” and use the past tense.
This shows recruiters and hiring managers how you gave support and how your contributions impacted others.
In this guide, we listed powerful synonyms for “assist” you can use on your resume to make your statements clearer and more impactful.
16 Resume synonyms for Assist:
Here’s a list of powerful synonyms for “assist” you can use on your resume.
- Backed up
Find more “assist” synonyms you can include on your resume here.
How to replace Assist with a stronger synonym
When writing your resume, use targeted and specific synonyms for “assist” to show examples of when you supported others to accomplish something.
Instead of saying,
Assisted in organizing team-building activities.
Organized and facilitated the company’s quarterly team-building activities.
Simply using the word “assist” gives recruiters a vague idea that you helped in some unknown way. On the other hand, using the word “organized” paints a picture that you were part of conceptualizing, planning, and executing the company’s team-building events. And using the word “facilitated” tells recruiters that even during the event itself, you were still involved.
Examples of how to use synonyms for Assist
Here are some examples of using synonyms for “assist” on your resume.
- Trained and equipped the new batch of 50 call center agents on company goals, proper etiquette, and standard operating procedures.
- Backed up the Procurement Team in streamlining purchasing procedures and replacing small suppliers with a few major distributors.
- Boosted social media engagement by 357% by creating valuable content, helping the marketing team achieve one of its goals.
- Reinforced the strict implementation of the company’s SOPs, which helped reduce failure costs caused by defective products by 13%.
- Implemented Scrum within the department, reducing backlogs by 25% and increasing productivity by 37%.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is another word for “Assist” to put on a resume?
Try using these words instead of “assist” when writing your resume.
What is a better way of saying “Assist” on a resume?
When writing your resume, use the strong synonyms for “assist” to describe your contributions and support more clearly. Here are examples:
Make sure your resume contains the strongest and most relevant power words by using Jobscan’s resume scanner.
This AI-powered software tells you what words to should include on your resume and lists expert tips on how to optimize your resume and make your application stand out.
Make your resume stand out and get noticed
Upload your resume to see what’s missing and get a free match rate.